Saturday 28 April 2007

What Gott into him?

Today, along with the rest of the Independent Alliance candidates, I spent the morning in Milngavie.
This week it only took the SNP 18 minutes to turn up behind us. For the past two weeks they have been 'stalking' us as we've moved from Town Centre to Town Centre. The word on the street in Milngavie is that they are unlikely to pick up any anti Lib Dem votes as they are viewed as being more unwelcome than even the Labour Party!
Across the precinct I could see Eric Gotts. Eric strikes me as being a decent man, but he looked a forlorn figure standing outside Iceland. The perfect place to get a frosty reception I suppose.
I received an email tonight challenging me over the statement about Cathy McInnes being unable to find Lib Dem voters in Bishopbriggs. I was told this by another candidate in another ward, who was told it by another candidate in yet another ward, who was apparently told this by Cathy herself.
Happy to retract this if we can get another two people from Bishopbriggs who are not and have never been members of the Lib Dems to come on and tell the world they are voting Lib Dem.

No comments: