Sunday 29 April 2007

Election loss

Thought that would grab your attention. If you live in Myrtle Square and you have found a small digital camera lying beside your path, could you please contact me.
Just one of the many dangers of leafleting.

I was sent this email by a friend on this very subject who is helping to leaflet:

I have some new issues for your manifesto.

i) Houses with more than four steps to the front door.

ii) Letter boxes designed specifically not to be delivered to.

and

iii)Man eating "pets."

Note:The above conditions being most dangerous when encountered all at once!!!!!!

Seriously it was nae bother.


I would add that once elected I'll be fighting for a British Standard regarding which side a gate opens on, the consistent design of gate latches and letterboxes not to be at the bottom of doors.

What I had not expected to see were doors with hand written notes saying NO ELECTION LEAFLETS. I don't know if this is because of the volume of them or the banal quality of most of them.

I can understand people being fed up with political parties, after all that's why I'm standing. But to shut out a possible message from a candidate (not just me) seems the wrong way to go.

It was less than 100 years ago that the suffragettes were dying so that women could vote and now, especially in this ward, turnouts can be as low as 53%.

It is up to prospective councillors to give Bishopbriggs South a message that is not simply a re-hash or copy of another candidate's, but something fresh and different to invigorate the electorate.

No comments: