Saturday 14 April 2007

Pick a winner


Today I was joined at Bishopbriggs Cross by Jim Gilmour, the Independent candidate for Bishopbriggs North. There was also a good turnout from other Independent candidates and supporters from across East Dunbartonshire.


We were joined by the SNP, and at one point the Labour Party bus drove through the cross with what I assumed to be Una Walker waving regally from the open top deck. The bus must have been running behind it's timetable, because it barely slowed down as it passed the cross. Either that or they weren't too keen in letting anyone speak to them.


Afterwards I relaxed with my wife watching the national. I don't usually bet and was surprised to learn that you don't pay any tax on your wager. I must get out more. Anyway it was all in vain (as usual) except that my wife backed Silver Birch at 33-1. She says that she usually picks a winner - I think she meant me:)

No comments: