Friday 4 May 2007

Que Sera

Ah well. Like the Murphys...I'm not bitter.

A neighbour said they thought I would have been the best councillor Bishopbriggs South never had.

It has been an eventful few weeks, and although I am obviously disappointed, not just for myself but also for Woodhill, I don't think it is the end of the world. As far as doing this again in four years time; well my thought at this stage is that anyone who wants to be a 'politician' should automatically be banned from becoming one.

Circumstances over the last couple of years led to me being approached to stand. To sit down and say that you want to stand for election reminds me of the famous Grouch Marx statement that he'd never join a club that would have him as a member.

One very positive aspect of the campaign has been the interest shown in the work of the Woodhill Residents Group. Woodhill is a great place to live, however there are still problems and challenges facing it- and the rest of Bishopbriggs. Our Councillors must not be found wanting. It is one thing to ride to election success on the back of a national swing or because of national or even international issues, it is another thing to make a difference to the lives of local people.

Woodhill will be watching.

No comments: