Sunday 6 May 2007

A final word on the election...I promise




Here's just some of the messages of support I've received since losing the election.



"Sorry you didn't get a seat but I'm sure you'll continue to work for the area.
Thankfully the LibDems got a beating and are all but gone"





"I also convinced a couple of floating voters i.e friends to vote for you, hard luck there's always the X factor".



"Genuinely sorry you were not successful - their loss... I would've voted for you, but as I have recently been reminded by EDC re placing request, we don't live in Bishopbriggs...."



"We are really disappointed for you Donald, we’re sure you would have made an excellent councillor. You ran a really positive campaign and addressed the issues that matter to local residents. Quite sure this is only the beginning of your political career – more people with your energy and commitment is what’s needed. Anyway, quite sure you will be on the heels of the councillors ensuring they do their job!"



"This is a pity. I suppose that this is a mixture of apathy coupled with the effect of the National SNP machine."



"If you didn't get in then i'm assuming the rest of your alliance was unsuccessful since you had the highest profile. Bad Luck, I really thought you were in with a chance!!"



"Dont be too disheartened at least there are no Lib Dems in our local area and John Morrison is out on his ear - you had a good campaign and deserved a chance at least"



"Commiserations Keep up, the good work though"



"Very surprised by the result, I thought you were in with a shout. Don't give up!"



" It's been a bit of a marathon...I wondered how you were getting on...sorry you were unsuccessful, however it's good to see that the Libdems got gubbed! Only what they deserve. "

No comments: