Saturday 31 March 2007

Cycle Safety Day


Today the Woodhill Residents Group, with the kind help of Mark from Solid Rock Cycles in Balmore, held a Cycle Safety Day. Solid Rock Cycles set up a 'tent' and were kept busy all afternoon with a steady stream of kids (and adults) with their bikes. Adjustments were made, advice given and safer bikes hit the roads! Not being a person to miss out on a freebie I had Mark take a look at my bike. What a difference a few well made adjustments can make, and now when I cycle round Woodhill and Auchinairn putting out leaflets I know that my bike won't let me down.

Sadly ( or not) you will not see my face in the picture taken by the Bishopbriggs Herald, as I was caught up in the pre election blackout that happens in the run up to the elections. Obviously someone sees my involvement in events like this as an electoral threat. So actually it was quite reassuring to know that whatever I'm doing is frightening the opposition!

No comments: