Friday 30 March 2007

Campaign begins

This week it was announced in the Bishopbriggs Herald that I will be standing at the May elections as an Independent. I am working along with five other Independent candidates to try and compete against the established parties.

The reaction from people I've spoken to has been very positive. But I suppose I've not got to worry about Iraq or Independence. It's a bit of a shame that some good hard working councillors can get caught up in the back lash against national or international policies that people are unhappy about. But then I suppose you can't have it both ways.

Local elections should be about local policies, and not the national politics that seem to drive local councillors nowadays. If every candidate was INDEPENDENT rather than representing a political party, then people would vote for candidates on their track record. Councillors would be working for four years rather than four months before an election.

No comments: